Thursday, June 28, 2012

Make a difference


"You do not belong to the world"(John 15:19), God reminded as I stare blankly in the space. My mind is pre-occupied with hanging questions that pertains to the world.

I remember a friend told me, "you’ll understand and do it soon." talking about the pre marital sex. I tried not to react violently, rather, I asked her why. "Because that’s the trend and its normal." she replied. "Not because everybody is doing it, means that its right." I justified. The conversation goes on until I decided to keep quiet and silently pray for the world. A clear realization was formed in my mind. I was challenged.

Chasing purity isn’t easy yet possible. Yes, indeed possible, with God ,even in the midst of this modern era.

Our generation had been socially degraded, pre-judged and moulded into someone were not. The world makes us think that it’s ok not to pursue purity; because being impure is "normal" and staying pure is "weird and not cool". Some teaches us to be mediocre so not to be called "trying hard". Others encourage us to love material things in which they determine your value and worth.

"Iba na talaga ang mga bata ngayon" (children nowadays are really different), a cliché. I agree, were different, cause this generation is called by God.

An ambitious generation that will fill the world with Word

A dynamic young people that will stand up for God

A strong willed group that will strive for the Lord's purpose

We are the light of the world and..

WE WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment